Monday, February 22, 2010

A Good Week

This past week has been a really good pregnancy week. The nausea is essentially gone, I am not quite so hungry and I am not as tired. I have still been napping quite a bit, but I think that is more because of staying up late to watch the olympics than being pregnant. The one thing that still plagues me is chicken. I can eat it if it is shredded, but chunks just get to me. I think there just needs to be enough other stuff and flavors that I can't actually taste the chicken and then I will be fine.

The best thing about this past week was hearing the baby's heartbeat! Kyle bought me an at home doppler for my birthday when I was pregnant with Ella and we decided to try it out this week, not really expecting to hear anything because it is still early, but after about 20 minutes of trying we found the heartbeat! It was very fast, about 176 beats per minute, which is normal at only 11 weeks pregnant. On Friday I have my 12 week appointment, which would be more exciting if we hadn't already heard the heartbeat.

I feel so grateful to be through the rough early weeks and so excited for the upcoming months. I love the second trimester; none of the morning sickness, starting to show, and feeling the baby move, without being super huge and uncomfortable. It is strange to think in 2 months I will be noticeably pregnant and my baby girl will be 2 years old! Where has the time gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment