Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Belly Growth

When I was pregnant with Ella I didn't start showing until about 17 weeks and I don't think I gained a pound until my 20 week check up. This time around is definitely different. The battery is dead on our scale so I don't actually know how much weight I have gained, but I am pretty sure I have gained some weight. My jeans are getting a little tighter and when I lay on my stomach it feels like there is a little bump. I read in my pregnancy book that my uterus is about the size of a grapefruit now, so it makes sense that I would be able to feel it right now. I have also heard that the uterus grows faster after your first pregnancy, so I was expecting to start showing sooner, but not quite so soon! I will be 10 weeks on Friday, and I am guessing I will have to start wearing maternity pants in the next few weeks.

It is interesting to think back to how it was when I was pregnant with Ella and compare how different it is now. I don't think about being pregnant or daydream about what it will be like to have this baby nearly as much as I thought about Ella. I think part of that might be because I know what is coming and I am scared! I know in the long run we will be so happy to have another child and it will be great for Ella to have a live in playmate, but I am also anticipating lots of sleepless nights and crying. Right now most of what I think about is how to survive the exhaustion, intense hunger and nausea. I am so thankful that Ella takes a really good afternoon nap. This morning I had a headache and just felt awful all morning, but I napped when Ella did and woke up feeling a ton better and didn't feel sick the rest of the day. Hopefully I will be able to train the baby to sleep at the same time as Ella so I can get a nap in every once in awhile! I'm not holding my breath... :)

1 comment:

  1. Reading that totally brings me back to what feels like not so long ago! :) I can't say it isn't tough sometimes, but it's glorious and it goes by so quickly! Sometimes too quickly! (Btw, I was totally in maternity pants by 12 wks in pg #2!)

    ReplyDelete