Saturday, September 5, 2009

What To Do?

What is a mother to do on a weekend free of her child? I am thrilled to have to ask myself that question this weekend. Don't get me wrong, I love Ella and I miss her, but when Kyle's mom offered to take her up north to their lake home for the weekend, I was very excited! I have never been Ella free for more than 36 hours, and both the times she stayed with her 2 sets of grandparents we had something going on (moving and a wedding) and couldn't fully appreciate all the freedom. This morning I slept in about an hour later than normal and had a very leisurely morning. I drank a cup of tea while reading my bible, then I showered and had breakfast. I spent a lot of time working on a new counted cross stitch project I got recently and did some cleaning. I didn't want to spend all my free time cleaning but there are some things that just have to get done. Kyle spent most of the day working on his new truck. Then we had dinner and went for a walk. Tomorrow after church we are going to the MN State Fair and staying in Woodbury until Loretta and Ella get back on Monday. On Monday while we wait for Ella we will probably go to a movie and Kyle will most likely need to do some work.

I called Loretta today just to check in and it sounds like Ella is having a great time. She has been sleeping well and played in the lake for awhile. I really wasn't concerned that she would have fun though! I am sure she is getting all the attention she can handle and playing all day long. It is good for her to have some time where she doesn't have to run errands with me or play by herself while I get things done. I think it is also important for her to spend time away from me. She is very used to having her mama around all time and can be a bit clingy, so this time away will be good for us both.

Thank goodness for grandparents!

2 comments:

  1. I had a great time with Ella and so did her Great Grandma Arlene. A great opportunity for my mom to get to know Ella better and for me to love on that precious little girl. She reminded me so much of my kids and how much I missed them being little. I love that Molly and Kyle wanted her to spend time with me. We had a great time playing in the lake, napping and whatever we wanted to do. We visited with Great Auntie LaVonne and Great Uncle Kurt. Thanks Mama & Papa from Gramma Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! I just saw that you have a blog!! How fun now that I can follow you! :)

    ReplyDelete