Saturday, January 30, 2010

Boy or Girl?

When we were pregnant with Ella I was convinced I was having a boy and for some reason I really wanted to have a boy. I can't really remember why I wanted a boy anymore, but I did. I thought that with our second pregnancy I would have a very strong desire to go one way or the other because I would like to have one of each, but I find myself not really caring right now. I have reasons for wanting both. I would like a boy since we already have a girl and I would like to experience parenting both a girl and boy. But I also think that it would be really fun for Ella to have a little sister. Plus, I already have lots of cute girl clothes! Although half the stuff probably wouldn't work because this next one will be born in a totally different season than Ella, our spring baby. I really liked having a spring baby and would have liked another, but God had different timing for us, and as always He knew better. Having our second baby this spring would have been chaotic and very stressful with us moving most likely at the end of May. I am so grateful to be able to get the move out of the way and be relatively settled before adding another one to the family.

I don't think we will be finding out what we are having this time around. We didn't find out with Ella either and it was exciting to be surprised. I am not all that concerned with being surprised again, I would rather know if I am going to have to buy a whole new boy wardrobe. However, according to my husband being practical is not nearly as much fun as being surprised!

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry, if you have a boy, you can use all my clothes! :)

    ReplyDelete