Wednesday, October 21, 2009

25 Years

It has been way too long since I last updated. I guess nothing exciting has happened lately. Well, yesterday was my 25th birthday. It is funny how much life changes as I get older and have a family. I remember when I was younger, even in college, and I thought my birthday was a day to be lazy and do whatever I want. I really don't have that luxury anymore. I can't take the day off work or ignore housework. Not that I did a ton yesterday, but I did do dishes and laundry, along with taking care of Ella of course. We did have some fun though too. Ella and I went to the mall with my friend Megan and her daughter Emma to play in the afternoon. It was fun to spend time with Megan, and Ella absolutely adores Emma, so she was quite excited. Then we sent Ella over to our friends, the Crammonds, to play with their son Owen while Kyle and I went out for dinner. Ella also gets pretty excited to see Owen, so Ella had a great day! It is very rare to eat dinner without trying to feed Ella at the same time. I found myself eating really fast, then realized that I could take my time and it was much more enjoyable! It was fun to have an actual uninterrupted conversation with Kyle. On Sunday we will head over to my parent's house to celebrate my birthday with my family.

This weekend is going to be packed. On Saturday we will be spending the day helping our friends, the Becker's, move down to the La Crosse area, then on Sunday we have a bunch of stuff going on at church before heading to Baldwin. I have to work in the nursery, Kyle is playing drums in the band, we will help serve a meal at church and then we have a church plant meeting. Somewhere in there I will head home with Ella so she can take a nap. Yikes! Ella will love it though because she will get to play with friends and family all day long.


And just because I think posts without pictures are boring, here is one of Ella with pigtails again. Her hair is longer than last time so it worked better. She still won't leave them in but it is fun to try every once in awhile. I have a dream of someday doing fun things with her hair. It may be just that, a dream!

1 comment: