Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ella's First Birthday

Yesterday Ella had her 12 month check up and she is doing fabulous. Very healthy and growing well (even though everyone thinks she is such a peanut). Here are her current stats:

28 In. (30th Percentile)

20 lbs. 14 oz. (50th Percentile)

I don't remember what her head measurement was but it was 50th Percentile (who cares anyways?)


So she is a little short but doing great. She also got 4 shots, which she was not happy about. She screamed but as soon as I picked her up she stopped. Maybe next time I will ask if she can just sit in my lap while they poke her. After her doctor appointment, which took nearly 2 hours because they were so backed up, Ella took a nap (1 1/2 hours later than normal) and then we drove to Eau Claire for a birthday party our bible study through for her.


Have I mentioned before that our friends from church are the greatest? I am pretty sure I have, but I will say it again: we are blessed! I was not expecting a party for Ella but since we normally meet on Wednesdays for bible study my friend Julie said she wanted to throw Ella a party. I of course forgot my camera, but our friends Ben and Megan took tons of pictures with their awesome camera and I will post pictures when I get the cd from them. Here is a picture of Ella with the cake that I stole from Megan's facebook page, I hope she doesn't mind!


Isn't that cake the coolest cake you have ever seen? Megan spent 2 hours frosting it! Ella loved chocolate cake by the way! I cut off an ear for her and she picked it up and proceeded to eat the entire thing without ever taking it away from her face. She made a total mess of herself and had a great time doing it! So I gave her a quick bath before opening gifts, which I had to do for her because she was far more interested in a plastic cup that wrapping paper. Then right before we left, which was an hour past her bedtime already, she threw up most of her cake. Yuck. A lot of it got on my hand, her clothes and the floor. And she cried most of the 30 minute ride home. Poor kid was exhausted. In retrospect I probably shouldn't have scheduled her doctor appointment on her birthday. Oh well. She is doing fine today. It was a great day all around and we are looking forward to celebrating with our families this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment