Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ella The Brute

Ella is the funniest little thing. Lately she loves to pick things up. I swear she is going to be a body builder someday! The heaviest thing she has successfully picked up is a 5 pound sack of potatoes! She picks up her diaper bag, her toy barn and she even tried to pick up her friend Nora on Monday at our play date. Ella was standing next to Nora and she started pulling on Nora's shirt as if she was trying to get Nora to stand up as well. I think Ella needs a little brother to beat on, because she was kind of a bully to the other babies at our play date. Ella was the oldest one there and I felt bad for the other babies because she was stealing their toys, smacking them (not to hurt them, just playing) and sitting on them. It is good when Ella gets to play with her friend Hurshle because he is older than her and she can get out her baby aggression on him instead of the 7, 6 and 4 month old babies who were there on Monday. I don't worry about her beating on a boy who is older than her, but those poor little girls! It didn't really help that I was doing my taxes instead of helping control my child. Our friends bought a turbo tax cd and we used it to do our taxes. Boy does it help having a baby when doing taxes! When I told Kyle how much money we were getting back because of Ella he didn't believe me! We didn't know that babies were such a huge tax deduction. Of course the money we are getting back is basically spent already because we have so much college debt. We are also paying off our credit card and cancelling it. We can not be trusted with credit cards. Kyle and I made some bad financial decisions when we were young and dumb (does that mean we are old and wise now?) and we are working hard to make up for those bad decisions. It would be much more fun to use that money to go on vacation or something, but unfortunately we are adults now who have to be responsible and take care of our family. Bummer....

2 comments:

  1. fyi...i would look at keeping your cc open after you pay them off and not closing them. it will help you have a higher credit score.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly, I heard the quote once, "Before you can be old and wise, you must be young and foolish". I take hope in that because I'm always doing foolish things, but one day I hope I am wise.

    Also, I heard Jezebel had it in for Ella yesterday. Now Ella was the one getting beat up on. You should have Justin reenact it for you-he's was making me laugh so hard last night!

    ReplyDelete