Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Thank You Daylight Savings!

Typically I think daylight savings is just dumb, but I have to say it really worked in our favor this time around. I have complained about Ella getting up early in prior posts, but this week she has gotten up between 7:30 and 8:00 every morning. On Saturday we put her to bed at her normal time, then set the clocks ahead and she got up at 7:30 instead of 6:30. Therefore we were able to put her to bed an hour later Sunday night. I was skeptical about this actually working, but lo and behold, Monday morning she got up at 7:50! Hallelujah!! I feel like a new woman after actually getting a good nights sleep! I am sure after I post this she will wake up at 5:00 am tomorrow, but I have thoroughly enjoyed these last few days. It is also nice to put her to bed a little bit later. It is hard to get home some nights early enough to get her ready for bed by 7:00. So thank you daylight savings for making my life a little bit easier!

1 comment:

  1. We did the same with Emma and I love it! She was going to bed at 7pm and waking up at 6am (too early for my taste as well), but now we're putting her down at 8pm and she's waking up around 7am! It didn't even phase her.

    ReplyDelete