Saturday, March 14, 2009

Why?

Kyle and I can see at least 3 teeth coming through Ella's gums right now, 2 on top and 1 on bottom. We will have to see how big the 2 on top are but it almost looks like there are 4 teeth coming in on top. So it is understandable that Ella has been a bit of a bear the last few weeks. 3-5 teeth coming in at once has to be painful. But knowing that doesn't really make it any easier to deal with. It reminds of me of how Ella was when she was a newborn. Sometimes I wonder why we were blessed with a difficult child. I have a lot of friends who are having babies right now and I try not to compare but it is hard not to when their babies are so easy going and well behaved. Ella is incredibly cute and funny, but she is also so challenging. We have not made it through an entire Sunday at church without her crying or doing something entirely disruptive. She used to scream all through bible study as well. Then I see my friends whose babies sleep through church and don't make a peep during bible study. How could I not compare and feel like we got the short straw? The thing that doesn't make sense is that the moms with the easy babies are way more patient and more equipped to deal with a difficult baby. So why do they have the easy baby and I have the one who makes me want to pull my hair out? I love my daughter, I really do, and I wouldn't trade her for any other baby, but why? Why me? I have thought about it a lot and I think God is trying to teach me to be patient, because I am pretty much the least patient person ever. And I know that when we get through this I will be able to support other moms who are having similar difficulties. I wish those things gave me some comfort, but they really don't. I know I should just be grateful to have a baby, and I am. I guess I am just a complainer and I need to suck it up and focus on the great things about Ella. There are lots of great things about her. When she was younger and way more difficult Kyle and I would sit and go through every thing we loved about Ella so we wouldn't focus too much on how hard it was. I think my next post should be everything I love about Ella.

1 comment:

  1. Ella is very cute.

    My step-daughter once told me the reason we have relatives is to teach us tolerance, since we don't get to choose them but we have to interact with them. You will learn patience from Ella and that will be good.

    ReplyDelete